Sunday, February 24, 2008

Understanding a Photo


This is first time I am coming out of my shell with art. Since I was in grammar school I had this unknown talent when it came with art. In looking at a painting or a photo it spoke million of word at just taking a glance at it. In art class during high school I received a lot of good feedback on my drawings and my teacher wanted me to continue to pursue art in general. I glad I got this opportunity to start journey in the study of art. I'm a little off on the terms such as shadowing, imagery, and etc. that i have heard the other student in class use. The way I have been looking at paintings and photo would be by what the image is telling me. What is the story that it is tell me. In in a photo a story can come from a person or the background. Then I continue to look at the lighting and the color. The image that I found the other day is called "The Bridge" by Jef Van den Houte. In looking at this photo I see the endless opportunity in life and that our road can lead to anything we want.

1 comment:

Emmanuel Breton said...

hey! hello! i'm another Emmanuel Bretón, and i'm a photographer too! :)

cheers! :)