Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Artist Statement

In looking for a topic to focus on, I thought about something in my past that really brought me happiness. Basketball is a sport that I have loved ever seen I traded in my baseball gloves and challenged myself what I felt was a difficult sport. It is a sport of heart and character that I loved to play. I learned so much about teamwork and friendship through this game. I hope to one day that on to my future children.

In try to portraying the passion of basketball I thought about teammates and how important it is to trust in your teammates in basketball. They are the ones who share the same passion and thrill for the game and for winning.

These two teammates in the photos are going through the struggle together in have to adjust to a new college and living in a different state. These two friends came to this school as friend from different towns. They have played in basketball leagues together and against each other. Their love for the game brought them to play for Stonehill. Now they are transferring to different schools.

This year I had the privilege to get to know these two guys. They were two great guys with fun personality that were similar to mine. Their passion and love for basketball bounded off to me as they remained me how important it is to chase our dreams in life. Though I won’t be chasing basketball, it is a good remainder of how good basketball has been for me in my life.

As their new chapter start in their new schools, I will remember these to guy that are now great friend I will carry in my life.

-Emmanuel Breton

No comments: